* We have received reports that general cargo ship, XIN YUAN LONG 6 was in collision with a sand carrier whilst departing from the port of Ningbo, China on 17 July 2023.
* It is reported that XIN YUAN LONG 6 experienced an ingress of water; developed a heavy list to port and later partially sank as a consequence of the collision.
* Reports indicate that the vessel currently remains afloat with only the superstructure above the waterline.
* At least 40 containers are reported to have been lost overboard from the vessel and cargo stowed to any containers remaining on board the vessel will likely have sustained severe wet damage and physical damage.
* It is reported that salvage services are being provided to the vessel by several SAR vessels and that tugs have been deployed to assist the vessel.
It is possible that salvage, general average and likely recovery issues may arise. Should you insure any cargo and require our assistance we would urge you to contact us as soon as possible to enable us to protect your interests.